There are many different ways that you can use our services – to request information, publish articles, present posters or presentations, to communicate with other people (When you share information with us, for example by sending us an email, we can fulfill your request– by answering your question or connecting you to a person or entity capable to answer your question in a professional way.)
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, then read about these key terms first.
Information that we collect
We collect information in the following way:
- Information you give us. For example, before or during the conference or you give us your name card, your abstract or presentation. When you do, we get information, like your name, workplace, address, email address or telephone number, your research topic to store with your account.
How we use information that we collect
We use the information to share it with other member of the conference. This includes brochures before the conference, conference abstract books, post publication collection, journals.
When you contact ICHS, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
ICHS processes personal information on our servers in some countries located in Europe. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information that you share
Some of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, like Google. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content by contacting us.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, on request we provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we give you possibility to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information that we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of ICHS unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- On publication
ICHS may request the sponsors that on their behalf send out ICHS brochures, e-mails, invitations… to their customer list to reach more audience for the conference. Sponsors are not allowed to use this information for their sole purposes.
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside ICHS when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside ICHS if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ICHS, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly.
As ICHS as a non-profit organization, we searched for partners to support us. Oncotherm gave support for the communication with the e-mail management. Oncotherm does everything in their possibility to protect ICHS and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- They encrypt many of our services using SSL or AES.
- They review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities